1) One 40 minute interactive Zoom class featuring Miss Lori presenting songs/chants/activities just as she would in class. Families should register for a class time they will be able to attend "live" each week, but if on occasion they are unable to attend their usual Zoom class, they may attend a different Zoom class that week.
2) You will receive collection materials: songbook, CD, digital download, music development growth chart, parent guide. Families will have the option of picking up the materials (no-contact pickup), or having the materials mailed to them.
3) Access to additonal resources from Music Together Worldwide, exclusively for enrolled families (coloring pages, activity sheets, games, activity ideas, etc).
Music Together Outdoors:
1) One 45 minute outdoor class per week. Families will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and the teacher will be positioned 12-14 feet from all families. If your child wanders towards another family, we ask that you gently scoop him or her up and bring him or her back to your spot. Classes will have a maximum of 6 families, and only one adult may accompany their child(ren) to class each week. We will be following the CDC's and Rhode Island Department of Health's recommendations/guidelines for safety. It is recommended that adults wear masks (required if they are within 6 feet of another person or if they enter the church building to use the bathroom). Any instruments/props we use will not be shared. If the weather does not allow for us to hold class outside, class will happen online via the Zoom platform at the regular time. Any family that misses a class for any reason may make it up by attending one of the online Zoom classes.
2) You will receive collection materials: songbook, CD, digital download, music development growth chart, parent guide.
Mixed Age Classes:
Our 45-minute mixed-age classes meet once a week for 9 weeks and include songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, and instrument play. The activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences...developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers, regardless of their own musical ability. A child can attend these classes from birth through age five - and through all nine different song collections. Child development researchers recommend mixed-age groupings because they foster natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, and exploring musical instruments.
Every child’s music development benefits from early exposure to music and movement. Because the early months are so important, Music Together®® offers two options for babies. Infants may attend a mixed-age class, whether registered on their own or attending free with an older sibling. They may also be registered for the special “Babies Class” offered as a one-semester introduction to Music Together. The music activities and materials are specially designed for parents and caregivers who want to learn as much as possible about music development in infants. Meet other parents of newborns and learn fascinating music activities you can recreate at home with your baby. Babies must be under seven months old on the first day of class. Most babies in this program range from 3-5 months at the start of the semester. This class cannot be repeated.
Babies Classes Online: Important note: There is no screen time for your little one. Your teacher will guide you to position your infant so they are looking at YOU, not at the screen. You follow the teacher while your baby watches you, and you leave each class inspired to make each day more musical.